Building calendars not available on Samsung

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
GailBoyd

Building calendars not available on Samsung

Post by GailBoyd »

I am a building scheduler…help

Members can choose building calendars if they have an iphone. Members with a samsung do not see the same list.

Iphone user clicks on calendar… then the 3 dots “…” and can select the building calendar.

Samsung user clicks on calendar.. then the 3 dots”..” and only sees “manage” calendar with no option to select the building calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building calendars not available on Samsung

Post by russellhltn »

I believe you're talking about the Calendar in Member Tools.

Since you are a Building Scheduler, I'd recommend you use the website instead. Member Tools is strictly view-only when it comes to the calendar.

The location calendar is good for seeing what is available for scheduling, but in the hands of members it can turn into "well, if the building isn't being used, then I can use it." That can lead to problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GailBoyd

Post by GailBoyd »

I do book the building events on the website..members with samsung phones cannot see the building calendar on lds tools… they only see stake and ward calendars. Members with iPhones can see all calendars. Something has changed for samsung users. Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The inability to see the locations calendars is an Android issue and not just a Samsung issue. I don't know if it was lost in the Member Tools 5.0 upgrade or whether it was never available for Android. I think it was the latter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:33 pm I don't know if it was lost in the Member Tools 5.0 upgrade or whether it was never available for Android. I think it was the latter.
Prior versions had the selection, but it always seemed to be empty.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”