can't log in to gospel library on my phone

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: can't log in to gospel library on my phone

Post by russellhltn »

kitkat!! wrote:I use android and both won't work
What verson of GL? It's possible 5.2.2 and prior may have been cut off from logins. Especially if your phone is Android 4.4 or prior.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kitkat!!

Post by kitkat!! »

sbradshaw wrote:
kitkat!! wrote:ok so I looked again and saw my reccord number there. I tried changing my password and still nothing has worked.
What error message does it give you when you try to sign in?

"Sign in failed. Verify your username or password." The odd thing is it will work when I'm logging in to the church site
K!m_Kemp

Post by K!m_Kemp »

I'm also having the same issue. I can log into the church website but get that same error message on all the church apps. I have a Galaxy Note 10+.
smstevens

Post by smstevens »

I’m having the same issue. I’ve changed my password and force quit the app and everything. So far none of my efforts have worked, even though there is no specified error. The message just reads that i can’t sign in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have any web filtering on your device? It may be blocking access to the servers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
K!m_Kemp

Post by K!m_Kemp »

No, I don't have any web filtering on my device. I also made sure I allowed all permissions for the app.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

K!m_Kemp wrote:No, I don't have any web filtering on my device. I also made sure I allowed all permissions for the app.
Just a shot in the dark, but one other thing I've read is that some special characters in passwords (and possibly user names?) can cause login issues. I don't use special characters in my user name or password and have never had any problems. It is possible that some special characters may be fine but others may not be.

That might be something you can check.

Return to “Gospel Library”