Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
andrewsharyn
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by andrewsharyn »

I'm setting up the new clerk computers and have the the enrollment and accounts going just fine. However there is no guest option on the user account login screen. Am I missing something or is there a setting I need to turn on for it to work? I didn't see anything in the instructions about it other than it should be there.
jokamura
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by jokamura »

I'm having the same issue. The Lenovo Chromebooks came pre-enrolled, so I signed in and had a clerk sign in too, but no guest option.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
andrewsharyn
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by andrewsharyn »

As of 21 Jun 2026 this has been resolved. The problem was on the Church's end for how the managed computers were configured. Once setup correctly the clerk computers updated and now have the guest available.
rscroggin
New Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by rscroggin »

I’m having that problem, too. However, since I was unfamiliar with using a chromebox I setup an account while at home, so I could become familiar with this new (to me) environment. I wanted to be able to answer questions the unit clerk might have. Will that correct itself once I’m connected to the Liahona network? Thanks. One more thing. When I first started the chromebox, there was a CDW account sign on that appeared on the screen.
rscroggin
New Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by rscroggin »

Resolved. Had to do a Chromebox Powerwash, then shutdown and power-on. Everything was as it should be after that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 10895
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by jdlessley »

I was not aware the Church was using the Chromebox desktop mini-PC. I see no documentation to that effect. All Church documentation only mentions the Chromebook laptop. While both use Google's lightweight ChromeOS operating system there are hardware differences and necessary OS software differences.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rscroggin
New Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Chromebox missing Managed Guest Session

Post by rscroggin »

Yes, I tried those sources. With the phone help from meetinghouse tech support we were able to solve the problem. Please see my #5 reply above for the solution. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Return to “Clerk Computers”