Circles App Wants

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
wlewis

Circles App Wants

Post by wlewis »

We are looking at the Circles APP again for the leadership in our Stake. I believe The Circles App could be a great benefit for leaders if it could have some options.

I will probably be told this is not something that will be coming or needed, but here it goes.

We use a lot of text messaging for disseminating information to a group. The problem that you face with using IOS is you are limited to the number of persons that can be on a text stream. I believe the number is 20. When you are trying to send information to ten ward's bishoprics you over run the number 20 pretty quickly.
In our Youth Council we use "Group Me" to over come this limitation. So now I have two apps to cover, regular texting and now "Group Me". Circles is being looked at again but I see a lot of limitations. This might be from my limited knowledge of how to use it.

Can we build our own Circles? Like Bishoprics or make one for our Youth Council? If not will we be able to in the future.
This is our main question. We are getting push back because the leaders don't want to add another app to look at. Hoping we can move everyone to circles and get off the other servers.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Circles App Wants

Post by russellhltn »

The church rarely shares their plans with us in advance.

Since you are in the stake, I'd suggest you bring it up with your coordinating council. That would have more impact than the usual feedback in the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wlewis wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:08 pm I will probably be told this is not something that will be coming or needed ...
Actually we'll let you know we don't have any inside information or contacts with anyone in authority to discuss development plans or timelines. The Tech Forum is user-to-user discussion and collaborative self help. We are users just like you.
wlewis wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:08 pmCan we build our own Circles? ... If not will we be able to in the future.
That capability is not yet available. In a Church News article a number of years ago ,that was one of the development items promised along with nonmember access for friends of the Church.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wlewis

Post by wlewis »

Thank you for your input and information.
Victornyepon

Post by Victornyepon »

I am using the Iphone old version, so; I can't get the Gospel App on my phone. Can something be done about it?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Victornyepon wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:05 pm I am using the Iphone old version, so; I can't get the Gospel App on my phone. Can something be done about it?
Other than purchasing a newer phone, probably not. I believe this is not driven by the church - it is driven by the OS manufacturers (Apple and Android). As they implement newer requirements in OS versions, that eventually prevents the apps from being used on older hardware.

Return to “Gospel Living App”