Unable to schedule

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jlarkin

Unable to schedule

Post by jlarkin »

In the last few days members are starting to reach out that they can not select a building for a new calendar event. This capability was working but now when they select a "calendar" and then select the "Location" to be "Church Facility" they now get the error message: "You must select a calendar before you can select a facility." Given that a calendar is selected I am unable to determine when it is giving this error now. This has been working perfectly and in the last few days stopped working. Not sure what changed. Thoughts on what I may be missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to schedule

Post by russellhltn »

I can't duplicate that. Perhaps there's an issue in your stake where the list of buildings are corrupt. Or perhaps someone on a stake level disabled all scheduling for buildings in your stake.

However, I'd start by trying Incognito/private mode to make sure it's not a cookie buildup problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jlarkin

Post by jlarkin »

I agree it is odd. I did try in incognito/private mode and am still getting the same error. I also get the error on my mobile device. In addition, several people around the stake are getting the error now as well. If I go under the gear icon as a stake administrator, select Locations and Rooms, then select each of the buildings in the stake all of them have the check box selected/turned on for "This Location can be Scheduled". So at this point, I am at a loss to know what is causing the error saying that a calendar must be selected even after a calendar has been selected. Not sure where to go at this point to resolve this issue.
Attachments
Calendar location can be scheduled is on.png
jlarkin

Post by jlarkin »

This is the error that still occurs even after selecting a calendar as seen in the screenshot:
Attachments
Calendar error msg.png
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you still having this problem?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jlarkin

Post by jlarkin »

Yes, the problem still persists. It is preventing several different ward members across multiple wards in the stake to not be able to schedule the building using ward calendars.
jasondblack

Post by jasondblack »

All the bishops in our stake are seeing the same problem, so it's not unique to you. In addition, at the same time this problem began for us, our ward leaders in different wards assigned to the same building lost the ability to see scheduled events in the other wards in the same building. This has resulted in several double-bookings, since the calendar appears open and the building looks available. I'm guessing that the two issues are related.
bjtwede

Post by bjtwede »

I'm curious if a solution has been found. Our stake is experiencing the exact same issue. Stake leaders and bishoprics are not able to schedule anything. Our stake split last month which might be related but we've been able to schedule things up to last week but now it's suddenly not working and nothing can be reserved.

As the stake clerk I can access the calendar settings and confirmed that all of the buildings have the "This location can be scheduled" box checked. I also did a test and created a new temporary location for the stake and when I created a new event it showed up on the location list and I could reserve that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jlarkin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:52 pm Yes, the problem still persists.
Just checking to see if you still have the problem. A developer proxied in as you and found it to be working.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasondblack wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:27 pm All the bishops in our stake are seeing the same problem,
bjtwede wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm I'm curious if a solution has been found. Our stake is experiencing the exact same issue.
I've been told this has been fixed. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Return to “Calendar”