Footnotes changed for some but not others

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sambikman

Footnotes changed for some but not others

Post by sambikman »

I apologize if this has been answered previously - this is my first time posting something here.

We're noticing in the stake that the scripture footnotes for about half the iOS users aren't working as they used to (just shows a gray bar at the top of the screen when you tap the footnoted word, and the references are not linkable), while for the other half the footnotes are functioning as they were previously. I've attached a screen shot of each for the first footnote (the word "will") of 1 Nephi 3:7.

Any suggestions as to what those of us with the "non-functioning" footnotes could do?

Thank you.
Attachments
Footnotes working.pdf
1 Nephi 3:7 first footnote (the word "will")
(245.59 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Footnotes not working.pdf
1 Nephi 3:7 first footnote (the word "will")
(122.19 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
sambikman

Re: Footnotes changed for some but not others

Post by sambikman »

It started working the morning of January 1st. It wasn't working late the evening of December 31st, but it is working now for those in the stake who had previously contacted me about it. Not sure what happened for those several days but we're grateful to have full functionality back.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have any way of knowing, were the users who saw the problem those who would have access to Handbook 1 or other role-based content (like missionary training)?
There were some changes around authentication on the Church's servers that caused random problems in different places. For users with access to role-based content, Gospel Library needs to authenticate with the servers when checking for content updates. Not being able to authenticate for those users could potentially cause problems installing other (non role-based) content updates; and missing or incomplete content could cause the sidebar to not load snippets correctly...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sambikman

Post by sambikman »

I don't think it was related to those with a specific calling. I'm serving as stake president and it didn't work for me for that period of time, but it did work for my second counselor. The issue was also experienced by others in a wide variety of callings, including youth and older primary children, but again only roughly half of them.

Return to “Gospel Library”