Need link to Tools APK outside of Google Play Store.

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
Nikitis

Need link to Tools APK outside of Google Play Store.

Post by Nikitis »

I work for Microsoft and am very technical. I do not run Google's OS and have no access the Google play store. My devices can run apks, but have no Google code running on them. I refuse to do so as I value my privacy and run a privacy OS.

I'm also a Ward Clerk and need access to this application. I had access to the app prior but recently I got an error stating this version is too old and failed to run. I went to look for an updated APK to sideload but none were found. There seems to have been a recently concerted effort to only allow the Google play store to hold the apk. This is a mistake and is causing good people who value privacy to not be able to perform their functions.

We need a link on churchofjesuschrist.org to the church apks so people in my situation can function and assist our ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need link to Tools APK outside of Google Play Store.

Post by russellhltn »

From past comments, it appears that the church apps require some components found in the Google Playstore for secure communication and authentication.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Re: Need link to Tools APK outside of Google Play Store.

Post by BrianEdwards »

Nikitis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:19 amWe need a link on churchofjesuschrist.org to the church apks so people in my situation can function and assist our ward.
Additionally, this Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user discussion, and is not connected with any official Church support teams. So while Forum members can share our experiences and insight, we are limited in that we also do not have any actual knowledge of the Church's plans, or reasoning behind their decision-making.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”