Circle Group has wrong members

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
hghubert

Circle Group has wrong members

Post by hghubert »

As a new bishop I was recommended to use the circles feature and started looking into it. I quickly ran into some issues that will keep me from recommending using the app and the circles feature to my ward.

Issue #1
The Ward Youth Council membership is incorrect. It contains the former Deacons quorum president and not the current one. All the rest of the members are correct. The Deacons president is correct in LCR but is not coming in correctly to circles.

Trying to work around this showed me issue #2
Circles administration will not let me to remove the wrong person. I get a message "There's no one to remove" and it won't let me select that person to remove them.

Issue #3 is related.
From the circles administration I tap Edit | Add Calling | Aaronic Priesthood Quorums | Deacons Quorum | Deacons Quorum Presidency
This is the problem. This has the old presidency that existed a before. The previous First Counselor is now the President and his name is checked, but he does not show in the WYC circle.
To complicate things - if I go into the Bishopric in the Edit option it lists the bishopric that existed several years ago.

There does not seem to be a way to refresh this data.

I am happy to provide more information if you need.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Circle Group has wrong members

Post by russellhltn »

On my Android, Gospel Living app got an update just a few days ago.

To refresh the data, you might try logging out and back in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hghubert

Post by hghubert »

Tried logging out and back in several times. I am hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app because it will likely fix the issue. I want to keep it the way it is so the issue can be reproduced.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to make sure you're running the current version. For Android, I'm seeing 2.7.0.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
munaish

Post by munaish »

Has the new president ever used the app? Does he have an account?
hghubert

Post by hghubert »

He does has an account. I don't think he has ever logged in, nor should he have to in order for the callings to be updated correctly
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I checked and our Deacons quorum presidency shows correctly in Circles and some of them don't have cell phones so they don't have to log in in order to be listed. Also, the Leaders/Advisors are updated. Our Deacons quorum presidency was called at the first of the year and we are not seeing this problem. The only thing I can suggest is to provide feedback from within the app which will give the developers details about your OS and the App version so they can try to replicate your issue. I would not hold my breath for personalized response, though.

Return to “Gospel Living App”