What's going on with Gospel Library?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
johnsabraham

What's going on with Gospel Library?

Post by johnsabraham »

[See my original post --> viewtopic.php?f=141&t=39298]
Is there an "official" support forum for Gospel Library that I have missed? I didn't realize how much our branch leadership relied on this application until it failed (about three weeks ago). What should we do?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: What's going on with Gospel Library?

Post by lajackson »

johnsabraham wrote:[See my original post.]
Is there an "official" support forum for Gospel Library that I have missed? I didn't realize how much our branch leadership relied on this application until it failed (about three weeks ago). What should we do?
I believe most people use the Gospel Library app on iOS or Android devices. Even though there is a version of GL for Windows, I do not believe it receives much love or support, but that is just my personal opinion based on comments I have seen.

I am not aware of an official support forum. The Gospel Library for Windows area under this topic is probably the best place to seek information, but it is still just a user-to-user discussion area. Any formal feedback would go through the program itself.

I think if you were to send a Private Message to spencerto you might be able to find out if there is any real support at present, or if the rewrite decision mentioned in this post is going forward. He seems to have shared many comments in the Gospel Library for Windows area and may be able to share some additional information. Please remember though, that while he is a church employee, his role here at the forum is not in any official capacity other than his own personal interest in the subject.

There may be a way to join in on the development fun if you are interested.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

johnsabraham wrote:[See my original post --> viewtopic.php?f=141&t=39298]
Is there an "official" support forum for Gospel Library that I have missed?
No, there is not. The Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. The official channel for Gospel Library is by using the Send Feedback link in the Settings menu item. The problem with using in-app feedback is when a user encounters an opening or hanging operation that does not allow access to the in-app feedback link. For some apps there is an email address associated with the in-app feedback. I have not been able to find any connection to an email address in Gospel Library.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Even though there is a version of GL for Windows, I do not believe it receives much love or support, but that is just my personal opinion based on comments I have seen.
My understanding is that the Android and iOS versions gets help from church employees, while the Windows version is a all-volunteer effort.

GL was aimed primarily at mobile devices, not desktop. Windows for mobile devices had the advantage that it also ran om the desktop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”