ward directory is blank

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kurtvn

ward directory is blank

Post by kurtvn »

I'm logged in, but when I try to go to the Ward Directory, I see no map, no ward, no households.

Have I been excommunicated?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ward directory is blank

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible your records are in limbo. You might want to contact your ward clerk to make sure they're in your ward.

While you're at it, verify the MRN on your account matches the MRN he has for you. It's possible there was a duplicate record for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lindagreene

Post by lindagreene »

In the past I have been able to utilize the ward directory and my account. Now is comes up blank. We are also not receiving ward bulletins from our Branch President. Our account information is correct. For [full names removed]. Neither of us can get ward directory to load.
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed - this is a public forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please see the post before yours. Check with your membership clerk to see if everything is OK.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

I just went to directory and it was also blank for me. No map no Wards in selection menu no members in list...... I am the clerk so I went and asked myself about the problem but there was no response........ It was blank for over a minute then after clicking on the Ward Directory and Map link at the top of the page a couple of times, suddenly the map and directory very slowly began to fill the screen.
After logging out and back in the directory and map now works as expected.
I am using Firefox....
Assistant Ward Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I didn't think much of it when it happened to me. I figured it was a server load problem so I did a soft refresh (F5) and the data loaded. My next step was going to be a hard refresh (Cntrl + F5) to reload all the cached data if it had not loaded with the soft refresh.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I agree there's some kind of problem at the moment. Mine loaded properly, but it took a few minutes. First nothing happened, then I got a map of the world, then it eventually populated my ward and the ward boundaries, and finally the orange dots appeared along with the list of ward members on the left.
asonne@san.rr.com

Post by asonne@san.rr.com »

I also cannot see our Ward directory. It is blank. What is going on?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

asonne@san.rr.com wrote:I also cannot see our Ward directory. It is blank. What is going on?
Have you been able to see your ward directory in the past? Are you logged in to your Church Account? Does your Church Account have your Membership Record Number attached?

Assuming your Church Account has your MRN attached, you are logged in, and you have been able to see the directory in the past, my best suggestion would be to clear your browser cache and cookies, do a full page reload (Shift-Ctrl-R in some browsers), and try again. Less than a half hour ago, I fixed a problem for my wife by clearing her browser cache and deleting her cookies. Before that fix, she was getting a 404 Not Found on the page about Elder Uchtdorf saying missionary work will continue. (Corrupted cache and/or cookies does not usually happen very often, but sometimes it happens.)
youngrockydean1

Post by youngrockydean1 »

So when I use Explorer browser and the church website, I cannot use directory or help or personal information to check my MRN. Yet when I use Chrome browser everything works or when I use another laptop it all works, what is going on. I just had my current laptop cleaned off of viruses etc. Help, I am a leader and I need to have access to all tools for leaders. HELP

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”