Link to watch General Conference live in Gospel Library app?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
acdoran

Link to watch General Conference live in Gospel Library app?

Post by acdoran »

I notice that when I go to the library in the app that a graphic appears at the top with a countdown to General Conference and it say "Watch Live." Is there a way to make that graphic hyperlink directly to the church's website (or other site) that will be broadcasting conference live? We have several sweet folks in our ward who are not in the least bit tech savvy and they very easily get lost and confused in cyberspace. However, they DO know how to get to the Gospel Library app on their devices. If they could simply click on that large and beautiful image to bring them to where they can watch conference then that would be amazing. Technology is an amazing blessing in these times, but for those who don't navigate it very well it can be the source of further distancing. Due to stay at home orders and cross-state travel bans we are unable to invite others in our home to watch with us, not can we go to their homes to help them get set up for conference. If there is any way you can make this happen, I know it would bless so many lives and bring comfort and peace to many souls as they are able to participate in General Conference. Thanks so much!
davesudweeks

Re: Link to watch General Conference live in Gospel Library app?

Post by davesudweeks »

I think this is a great suggestion, but comments here will likely not make it to those who direct the programmer's priorities. I advise you provide feedback from within gospel library. I believe they lock things down a week or so before general conference so it may be too late for this session. There will probably be a live link on the church's web page so they should be able to use the browser on their smartphone. You could send them the link and clicking on that should open the page in a browser on their device.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A watch button will appear on the banner an hour before the session starts (when the live stream becomes available), on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. The button will remain visible all day. When you tap it, it will go to the conference live stream using the YouTube app, if it's installed on your device (which generally provides the most reliable streaming experience); or, if you don't have the YouTube app installed, it will take you to the live stream conference page on the Church website.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The broadcast page on the Church website was down this morning, so the fallback URL for the Watch button on the banner (where you'll go if you don't have the YouTube app installed) was changed to the English YouTube URL.

The full session video for the Saturday Morning Session is now available in Gospel Library, in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, under General Conference > April 2020 (you may need to force a content update). The Saturday Afternoon Session should be available in a few hours.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”