Phishing email

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mathieu.maccarini@gmail.com

Re: Phishing email

Post by mathieu.maccarini@gmail.com »

I also received this email. Looks like it is a phishing mail.
gobewan

Post by gobewan »

Also received the Susan McCarry email. definitely a phishing email.
toddwilliambermann

Post by toddwilliambermann »

Susan McCleary just contacted me through MAPS as well. Is there a way to report this to Church HQ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

toddwilliambermann wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:23 am Susan McCleary just contacted me through MAPS as well. Is there a way to report this to Church HQ?
Only way I can think of is call the main number and ask for the fraud department.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
simonasn99

Post by simonasn99 »

Got the email through MAPS>>from africa, 3,8kUSD (from UK) etc. blocked
ronsunyoung

Post by ronsunyoung »

I just got a message through the maps from Susan McClary asking if my email was valid to reach me. Seems like the same thing. I'm not going to respond.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

ronsunyoung wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:24 am I just got a message through the maps from Susan McClary asking if my email was valid to reach me. Seems like the same thing. I'm not going to respond.
There's another Forum thread where a different member posted that they also just recently received the "Susan McClary" email. I'd encourage you to notify the Church, my feeling is that they are actively interested in blocking this type of abuse (to the degree possible, of course) of the messaging tool. See this Forum post for some helpful details.

Return to “General Discussions”