Need help with mission email

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
richielloydbrown
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Need help with mission email

Post by richielloydbrown »

Here is some current information. Missionary email accounts remain accessible until 90 days after a missionary is released. After this time until 180 days post release, if your missionary logs into https://mail.missionary.org they should see an option to extend access for 15 days.

This option goes away 180 days after release at which time the email account is deleted.

If you are still within that window and don’t see the extend option, report a problem using the link on mail.missionary.org

Hopefully that helps clarify things!
Richard Brown
Product Manager | Missionary Department
byu11

Need help with mission photos

Post by byu11 »

I'm trying to access my mission account but it will not let me because it is disabled. Who can I contact about this? Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need help with mission photos

Post by russellhltn »

byu11 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:14 pm I'm trying to access my mission account but it will not let me because it is disabled. Who can I contact about this? Thank you!
Your post has been merged into an existing thread that's a better fit for your question.

Please see the post before yours. Hopefully you are still within 180 days of your release.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nmecantwin73 »

This is the most current information for missionary mail accounts, as of May 2024:
----------
Missionary.org email accounts (including photos, drive, etc.) are no longer accessible 90 days after a missionary's release date. If no longer accessible, some Missionary.org email accounts may be retrieved up to 120 days after release by following these instructions:

1) Visit mail.missionary.org in a web browser (not the Gmail app).
2) Sign in using your Church Account Credentials.
3) Select Extend Access.
4) Click on Go to Individual Email.

It is recommended that you move all data (mail, photos, Drive, etc.) from your Missionary.org account prior to the extended date. By doing so will ensure that you retain your data.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good info. At what point are the contents irretrievably lost such that a call to GSD can't retrieve them?

With all the changes going on after they return, it's not surprising they don't think about their photos in the first 4 months of returning.

It seems like best practice would be to have them retrieve it at the end of their mission and put on a USB thumb drive that they take with them. But that pushes the burden onto the missions to get them to do that. But it could make it easier to make sure they are really copying and not just linking to their photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nmecantwin73 »

russellhltn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm Good info. At what point are the contents irretrievably lost such that a call to GSD can't retrieve them?
At anytime between 90-120 days following release the contents may become irretrievable.

With all the changes going on after they return, it's not surprising they don't think about their photos in the first 4 months of returning.
I totally understand and agree with this statement.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

russellhltn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm ...

Do you mean today's returning missionaries don't impose on family, friends, etc. to watch a multi-hour slideshow within a few days of returning? :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:12 pm Do you mean today's returning missionaries don't impose on family, friends, etc. to watch a multi-hour slideshow within a few days of returning? :-)
All pulled from their mission account which they still have access. ;)

juanmora12

Post by juanmora12 »

Quiero recuperar las fotos y videos de mi misión
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

juanmora12 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:29 pm Quiero recuperar las fotos y videos de mi misión
Please see this post.

Return to “General Discussions”