english channel 3 is gone...

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: english channel 3 is gone...

Post by russellhltn »

nognielsen wrote:What I think I've come up with for the meantime, and tell me if I'm wrong here... Is to plug a TV in, in the primary and Relief Society rooms, turn it to channel 4 (Spanish) and mute it, but switch the PA systems in those rooms to "chapel" so that the satellite audio from the chapel which is English, will come through.
That will work. The one problem you may have is if the TV is a newer flat screen type - it may delay the video enough that the sync between the audio and the video is off.

Note that the video for English and Spanish is exactly the same - they both come from the same jack on the back of the satellite receiver.

And based on your update - yes, it does sound like you have a bad modulator for CH3. If FM can't get a new modulator in time, they can probably move English to CH6. (Assuming it's not broken as well.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: english channel 3 is gone...

Post by lajackson »

nognielsen wrote:The main issue I'm worried about is we are broadcasting the satellite feed next week to other buildings via internet as they do not have a satellite...
Rather than rebroadcast the satellite feed, I recommend you have a member of your stake presidency get the URL for the broadcast and stream it directly in those other buildings.

Return to “Archive - Satellite”