Preferred name online and in tools don’t match

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
bsummie

Preferred name online and in tools don’t match

Post by bsummie »

My family and I moved to a new stake and when we transferred our records, our household picture was reverted back to a prior version and our preferred names are no longer there.

I worked with our new ward clerk to update my kid’s names (since I couldn’t find a way to do that on tools or online).

When I checked my preferred name online it’s showing, but it’s not showing on the app. It’s also grayed out so I can’t update it.

Any thoughts on why my data online wouldn’t match tools?

I did refresh and re-sync my data.
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Preferred name online and in tools don’t match

Post by russellhltn »

Did you check your name as recorded in https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:12 pm Did you check your name as recorded in https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org?
Yep, it’s correct there.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The preferred name in Church account is not the same as your preferred name on your membership record. Just like you had your clerk update your children's preferred names he can update your membership record preferred name.

Return to “Member Tools”