Creating a Part-member family report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tballard

Creating a Part-member family report

Post by tballard »

I am the Ward Clerk for our ward. The missionaries have asked me to create a Part-Member Family report, who have the assignment to strengthen part member families.

I can't find anything in LCR about that. I cannot find anything about custom reports in LCR. Does anyone have an idea of how we can create that?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Creating a Part-member family report

Post by jdlessley »

Custom reports are created using the Create Report tool. Any reports created using the Create Report tool will not be accurate because the data is drawn from membership records and the information about nonmember family members may not be complete or exist at all. Also the definition of part members depends on the user requesting the data. When I was asked to provide a part member family report I asked the missionaries what they are specifically looking for. Generally it is a family where one of the spouses is a nonmember. Other times they wanted to include children 9 years old and older who have not been baptized. There is no way to include households with both a nonmember spouse and nonmember children in the same report. It will require at least two reports and the caveat about accuracy applies to both reports. The Create Report tool is found in LCR > Reports > Member Reports : Create Report

The household with a nonmember spouse is created using the filters Marriage Status | Is | Married AND Member Status | Is Not | Spouse Is Member. The columns I include in the report are Preferred Name, Spouse Name, Has Children, Address-Street 1, Address-Street 2, Individual Phone, and Individual E-mail.

The household with nonmember children is created using the filters Age | Is or Is Greater Than | 9 AND Age | Is Less Than | 18 AND Member Status | Is Not | Confirmed. The columns I include in the report are Preferred Name, Age, Address-Street 1, Address-Street 2, Head of House and Spouse. The contact information is not included for the minors. Missionaries will need to look up the parents contact information from the Head of House and Spouse in the ward directory since it is not available to be included in the report
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tballard

Re: Creating a Part-member family report

Post by tballard »

Thank you JD. I appreciate your help!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”