Unable to schedule

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jasondblack

Re: Unable to schedule

Post by jasondblack »

The issue of scheduling facilities appears to be fixed. We still can't see events from other wards, though.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'll only see other wards if you look at the location calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danzapalac

Post by danzapalac »

I am having this problem tonight. The calendar tells me I must select a calendar before I can select a building, even though a calendar is already selected. I thought I got around it by saving without the building, and then editing. It allowed me to pick the building and rooms, however, after "saving", nothing had changed. The calendar entry still showed no building selected. The calendar has also been EXTREMELY unresponsive the past few days for me. It is always slow, but not usually this bad. Anyone else experiencing these issues currently?
johannesk

Post by johannesk »

After reading your post I tried it out myself. At first, I found the same problem though after 2 minutes suddenly the dropdown menu for the units appeared. Scheduling an appointment in incognito mode was a bit faster and there now is only a delay of a few seconds between selecting "Church Facility" and getting the option to select a unit.
So I guess it is working again.
mc4900

Post by mc4900 »

I am having the same issue. Cannot select a building even when a clandar is selected. Does anyone know if they are working on a fix or if there is a work around. Tried just waiting and nothing.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I am having this issue as well. Nothing shows up under the "Locations" checkbox and I cannot choose the building calendar even though I am listed as a building scheduler.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:41 pm I am having this issue as well. Nothing shows up under the "Locations" checkbox and I cannot choose the building calendar even though I am listed as a building scheduler.
Are you listed as a building scheduler in the calendar system, or just in LCR? You have to be listed in the Calendar system to get those rights. LCR doesn't grant those rights.

Note that by default, a building scheduler can only add events to the location calendar. They do not have rights to add events to ward or stake calendars, but they can edit events that take place in "their" building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbitsch

Post by mrbitsch »

Maybe this needs to be it's own post, or maybe it's related. My building schedulers are reporting that they have lost the ability to add events to their building's calendar. When I go into try and manage the building schedulers on the website, I just get a spinning wheel and an empty dropdown.

Edit: Actually, same issue, I'm also just getting the message that "You must select a calendar before you can select a facility.", I get that message regardless of the calendar that I have selected.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrbitsch,

I've been told it's been fixed. Can you verify?

ashdeep

Post by ashdeep »

As the stake clerk, I've confirmed all buildings have the This location can be scheduled box checked. Despite this, stake leaders and bishoprics cannot schedule anything. Our stake split last month, which might be related. Interestingly, creating a new temporary location allowed scheduling. This indicates the issue might be linked to existing locations. Further investigation is needed to resolve this scheduling problem.
Last edited by ashdeep on Tue May 21, 2024 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Calendar”