Church website scrolling or moving unexpectedly

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mang97

Church website scrolling or moving unexpectedly

Post by mang97 »

I have noticed for some time that when I use my android phone to pay donations or make an appointment through the church website the page randomly scrolls back to the top of the page and when I try to add text in a text field the page bounces or moves to a different location on the page. This is very frustrating and makes it difficult to do these tasks. This is the only pages i know if that this happens and it does not happen on any other website so for these reason I believe it's something to do with the Church pages. I'm open for suggestions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church website scrolling or moving unexpectedly

Post by russellhltn »

"Cookie buildup" is a long standing problem with church pages and it can cause strange behavior.

I'd suggest either trying incognito mode, or clearing cookies from churchofjesuschrist.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mang97

Post by mang97 »

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried both and still no luck.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're still seeing this, it might be worth sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of one of the pages that's having issues.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mdigi

Post by mdigi »

I've also experienced unexpected scrolling/movement on the Church's website. Super distracting when reading scriptures, talks, etc.

In my case, I believe the culprit was Google Chrome.

To remedy, I disabled "Smooth Scrolling"
(type "chrome://flags/" (without the quotes) into your Google Chrome address bar and you can disable that option in there.)

I haven't noticed the issue since disabling the "Smooth Scrolling" option a few weeks back.

Return to “Main Church Website”