Former Mission President Access to Missionaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jenningskw

Former Mission President Access to Missionaries

Post by jenningskw »

As a former mission president (Busan Korea Mission 2008-2011), on the smart-device Member Tools apps I can see and contact any of missionaries who have opted to be included. I have not found a way to access this directory on a Windows OS computer. It would be much more convenient to send group emails (e.g reunions, invitations, other important events) from a computer rather than a smart device (Android phone and Amazon Fire tablet in my specific case). My LDS dashboard elements seem to know that I once served as a mission president, so I thought that perhaps there was a way to get to this directory on my computer, but I just couldn't fine it.

WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
We all know that after a long period of highly regimented living as a missionary that they enter a sort of free-fall state when they return home. As years pass, many of life's serious issues will arise. Having an ongoing relationship with their mission president is a valuable tool in ensuring for our Elders and Sisters, not only continued activity of in the Church, but in getting some life-coaching from someone they trust.

So my QUESTIONS are:

1. Can former mission presidents access the directory of their missionaries (that opted to be included) from a PC? Or is it only on the smart-device app?
2. If not available on the PC, can I put in a request to have this feature added? How can I take this issue to a leader that oversees tech projects?

Thanks for any assistance that comes from this inquiry.
nmecantwin73
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Former Mission President Access to Missionaries

Post by nmecantwin73 »

It appears this feature is only available within the Member Tools app on your smart phone.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... mber-tools

To request adding the feature to your PC web browser, you can leave Feedback within the Member Tools app, and also via the Feedback link on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not sure if the option mission presidents have in Member Tools is entirely in-app, or if it opens directly to your preferred email app. If it opens to your preferred email app, and if you use an email service that syncs (Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, etc.), you may be able to start the email message on your phone (with just a subject), then save it as a draft, then pick it up on your computer.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ebcragun

Post by ebcragun »

Trying to help my mission president find this in Tools so that we can plan a reunion. Can any share where he would find it?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Trying to help my mission president find this in Tools so that we can plan a reunion. Can any share where he would find it?
Did he serve as Mission President prior to the year 2000? Per the news release, this appears to currently only be available to Mission Presidents serving since 2000. I also seem to remember reading somewhere that not necessarily all post-2000 missionaries (or Mission Presidents) would be included, perhaps a rolling release or something similar.

If he's a recent Mission President, he should have in-app access. If he cannot find it, I'd suggest having him contact GSD directly, they should be able to connect the necessary dots to get his account working.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”