Having to download content repeatedly

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
stefans

Having to download content repeatedly

Post by stefans »

I was sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday and opened up the app to use the hymnal to sing the opening hymn. However, I had to download the hymnal before it would open. I used the hymnal last week, so I know I had previously downloaded it. This happened not too long ago with the Book of Mormon, too, like I'd never read it before. This is more an inconvenience than anything else, but it happens way too much to just overlook it. What if I'm camping and want to read the BoM and it has to download first, and I don't have an Internet connection? Out of luck.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Having to download content repeatedly

Post by jdlessley »

stefans wrote:What if I'm camping and want to read the BoM and it has to download first, and I don't have an Internet connection? Out of luck.
If there is no Internet connection the app will not attempt to update material and will open just fine with the content it has.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect the issue is that there's been an update to the content (possibly just formatting to support notetaking features). If there's no internet connection, then it doesn't know there's an update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AC7MF

Post by AC7MF »

I have an extra phone with no SIM which I use exclusively for apps. The primary use is dedicated to the gospel library. I have about 30GBb remaining in internal storage and frequently have to download content I have been using. I have not turned on WIFI in the interim. I discover that many catalogs will have disappeared. Several of the scriptures, many magazines and conference issues. I spend much time repeatedly downloading content that had been on the device. Additionally "download all" doesn't work. I have never been able to download anything but one at a time. I have reinstalled the app 3 times. I am running 5.12.4. On an LGV20.

Return to “Gospel Library”